Fantasy Football GM's

Talk and advice for fantasy football general managers.

Fantasy Football GM"s

Welcome to the Fantasy Football GM's blog! This site is dedicated to keeping fantasy football general managers up-to-date about all current topics and happenings in the NFL to insure they are making the most informed decisions possible with respect to their teams. We'll talk about all the events leading up to your draft and give you everything you need to run a successful team during the season. Get the latest on studs, duds, sleepers, waiver pickups and more. Check it out and let me know what you think.

About Me

I'm a 27-year-old fantasy football enthusiast originally from Detroit and now living in Chicago. Yes, I am a Lions fan, and yes it does suck. Why do you think I have so much time to spend on fantasy football? I'm going on my 5th season of fantasy football this year and became the proud owner of some hardware last season. I was also recently hired to be the Senior Writer at FantasyCrowd.com.

First Mock Draft Of The Year With CBS Sports Senior Fantasy Writer Dave Richard

Had the opportunity to do a mock draft with one of the best fantasy football insiders around Dave Richard (@daverichard) from CBS Sports today. You can view the full results here http://tr.im/nmq0 and Dave’s opinion on his draft here http://tr.im/nmqk.

Here is how I fared drafting out of the # 3 spot and a couple of my thoughts on each pick:

1. Matt Forte- stuck to my chart…used to drafting for a PPR league which I think he will be much more valuable in. I’m sure we will debate Forte vs. Turner much more in the months to come.

2. Brandon Jacobs- no more Derrick Ward, no more Plax= more touches for a touchdown machine.

3, Kurt Warner- MVP type #’s last year. Has all his pieces coming back plus Beanie Wells. I believe Dave made an instant message comment before the draft saying that he doesn’t think Arizona will run that much more because they have Wells now but that they will run more effectively. I agree and loved getting Warner here.

4. Terrell Owens- questionable motivation if they don’t win early, unproven qb, plus playing in cold winter…don’t love the pick.

5. Antonio Bryant- Always looking for good value but at this point comfortable with my core and went more for potential with this pick plus Winslow will open the field up more for him.

6. DeSean Jackson- playmaker, in what could become an even much more explosive offense…comments during the draft were that a receiver that has that good of a rookie season usually won’t suffer a sophomore letdown. Like him at the flex position.

7. Greg Olsen- He is a player featured on my 10 good looks for your 09' fantasy football team article that I am very high on this year.

8. Donald Driver- a pretty reliable receiver that plays Detroit twice a year…not bad in the 8th round.

9. Jerious Norwood- a good bye-week fill-in with tons of potential.

10. Ravens- don’t need to say much about this one, with the Steelers D off the board a full round earlier, thought this was a good place for them.

11. Shaun Hill- not thrilled w this pick, has potential but many other qb’s w potential available on the wire as well.

12. Neil Rackers- fourth kicker taken, high scoring offense…nuff said.

13. Muhsin Muhammad- probably should’ve picked a better flier here.

14. Tashard Choice- actually like this pick…I expect either him or Felix Jones to surprise a lot of people with their stats this year.

All in all I was very pleased with my draft, especially considering it was my first mock of the year, was with some other very knowledgeable fantasy players and the fact that I was working on the phones while it was taking place (gotta love multi-tasking).

Usually I’m more comfortable drafting later in the first but loved what fell to me in this draft. I also usually wait until the later rounds to draft a quarterback but after having Kurt Warner on my team last year I felt he gave great value in the 3rd round.

Weaknesses would be backup quarterback and running backs in my opinion, but really like how my starting lineup rounded out getting a top TE, Defense and Kicker. Probably should’ve drafted another running back a little higher for the flex position. Obviously drafting as high as number three the performance of Forte will be a big factor on the success of my team along with the health of Kurt Warner and the success of Buffalo and T.O. Ironically, I also like “Clinched Last Place’s” draft and JS Cobras too.

My Best Pick- Kurt Warner

My Worst Pick- Terrell Owens

Thanks again to Dave for putting this mock draft together. It was good to get the rust off early. I'd love to hear what you guys think of my draft and look forward to more mocks in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment