Fantasy Football GM's

Talk and advice for fantasy football general managers.

Fantasy Football GM"s

Welcome to the Fantasy Football GM's blog! This site is dedicated to keeping fantasy football general managers up-to-date about all current topics and happenings in the NFL to insure they are making the most informed decisions possible with respect to their teams. We'll talk about all the events leading up to your draft and give you everything you need to run a successful team during the season. Get the latest on studs, duds, sleepers, waiver pickups and more. Check it out and let me know what you think.

About Me

I'm a 27-year-old fantasy football enthusiast originally from Detroit and now living in Chicago. Yes, I am a Lions fan, and yes it does suck. Why do you think I have so much time to spend on fantasy football? I'm going on my 5th season of fantasy football this year and became the proud owner of some hardware last season. I was also recently hired to be the Senior Writer at FantasyCrowd.com.

NFL Fantasy Apprentice Week 1 2010

Team 1 wins Week 1 in the NFL Fantasy Apprentice this year. A big performance from Chris Johnson and Miles Austin helped pave the way for an easy victory.

Two guys from Team 2 stand out and will be brought to the board room...Andre Johnson and Michael Turner. Andre Johnson's lack of production is a little more surprising. He only had 3 catches for 33 yards. Of course his stats took a hit to the Arian Foster show, who had 3 touchdowns in his debut as the Texans starting running back (I picked him in the 6 & 7th rounds in both my leages btw :). His team won the game, and he is a perennial stud, so I think I will have to give him a pass for this week for Team 2's sake.

Even though he is a consensus first round pick, I don't expect much from Michael Turner this year, especially in PPR format. Therefore I have to let him go. Michael Turner...you're fired.

On a personal note, even though I have Arian Foster in both my leagues, I am not too optimistic about my teams chances this year. I don't feel like I got good value drafting out of the 2 spot. I waited too long to draft a quarterback, and picked Larry Fitz over other studs like Miles Austin, Roddy White and Anquan Boldin, who all look like they will have great years. Maybe I can pick up some magic on the waiver wire, you never know. See you next week, thanks for stoppin by!

Team 1

QB Aaron Rodgers 16.42
RB Chris Johnson 31
RB Ray Rice 8.2
WR Calvin Johnson 8.5
WR Larry Fitzgerald 13.3
WR Miles Austin 30.6
WR/RB Frank Gore 14.3
TE Antonio Gates 18.6

Total= 140.92

Team 2

QB Drew Brees 14.48
RB Adrian Peterson 13.1
RB MJD 14.3
WR Andre Johnson 6.3
WR Randy Moss 10.9
WR Reggie Wayne 22.9
WR/RB Michael Turner 5.9
TE Dallas Clark 25

Total= 112.88

0 comments:

Post a Comment