Fantasy Football GM's

Talk and advice for fantasy football general managers.

Fantasy Football GM"s

Welcome to the Fantasy Football GM's blog! This site is dedicated to keeping fantasy football general managers up-to-date about all current topics and happenings in the NFL to insure they are making the most informed decisions possible with respect to their teams. We'll talk about all the events leading up to your draft and give you everything you need to run a successful team during the season. Get the latest on studs, duds, sleepers, waiver pickups and more. Check it out and let me know what you think.

About Me

I'm a 27-year-old fantasy football enthusiast originally from Detroit and now living in Chicago. Yes, I am a Lions fan, and yes it does suck. Why do you think I have so much time to spend on fantasy football? I'm going on my 5th season of fantasy football this year and became the proud owner of some hardware last season. I was also recently hired to be the Senior Writer at FantasyCrowd.com.

NFL Fantasy Apprentice Week 9

Team #1

QB Drew Brees 17.4
RB Michael Turner 30
WR Randy Moss 20.7
WR Calvin Johnson 2.7

Total= 70.8

Team #2

QB Peyton Manning 16
RB Ryan Grant 15.6
RB Maurice Jones-Drew 19.4
WR Andre Johnson 10.3

Total= 61.3

Boy did Larry Fitzgerald make me look bad this week. After firing him last week, he only had 9 receptions for 123 yards and 2 touchdowns verse the Bears.

Calvin Johnson came back after missing the last three fantasy apprentice games and...stunk the joint up. It seemed that Stafford underthrew a couple balls his way but they are definitely not on the same page currently and Megatron has been a major fantasy disappointment so far this year. He was saved by Michael Turner's big two touchdown 166 yard performance against the Redskins.

If I had my choice to replace Adrian Peterson in week 9 I would have chosen Deangelo Williams, but I didn't want his two touchdowns to be the difference between the two teams so I chose Ryan Grant who put up a solid 96 yards and a touchdown. MJD was solid as always, Manning had a less than stellar game with over 300 yards passing but only 1 touchdown and 1 interception and Andre Johnson didn't have a touchdown but caught 10 passes for 103 yards.

This was a tough one but when it's a close call I have to go with past performance and Peyton has been very consistent all year. Andre has had two games with only two catches and one game with only 4 catches and 35 yards. Peyton has only had one game of under 300 yards passing. Andre Johnson...you're fired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment